As for the Scripture says:
Deuteronomy 5:16
"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you."
but God is so fair.
"FATHERS DO NOT PROVOKE YOUR CHILDREN, SO THEY WON'T BE DISCOURAGED."
Colossians 3: 21
I went to church and thought it was boring because I see that there were few people inside the church. I arrived a little early and so the reason why. When the mass started, I thought it was just a usual mass but then it wasn't. Believe me or not, it was the first mass I had in Cebu where the whole mass was almost field with tears. The presider was so good and I was really moved by his message. There were a lot of things/topics and good news he shared but there was really one thing that moved me the most. He said "When we die, we should not worry but have hope. When we have a family member or relatives who died the more that we should not be sad, it's because it's not his death alone that matters but the good seeds he left behind. The people he left in the life with Christ." This was exactly what the Presider told us during the wake of my late grandpa. He said "It does not matter how long the person lived but the quality of life he had." (i'm getting teary.. back to the mass)
&& so the story continues..
The presider said, ""Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you." but he also said "FATHERS DO NOT PROVOKE YOUR CHILDREN, SO THEY WON'T BE DISCOURAGED."
Now the question was: "Parents are we worthy of this HONOR?"
Then he continued preaching.
A true parent is someone who would never make their children feel pain even if they no longer have anything to give them happiness.
A true parent's pride is to never allow their children to suffer even if they are already suffering.
They would never count their deeds and they would never ever say that they are already tired of helping, caring and working for their family.
They would laugh if their children laugh. They would cry if their children cry. They would never let their children disrespect them by disrespecting their children first.
They would care for their children no matter how old they are. They would never stop caressing their hair and hugging them tight even if they already get old because they also want to be taken care off when they are already very old.
A true parent is someone who could face all the challenges in life no matter what because they should be the one who build a strong foundation in the family. This foundation should be very sturdy because their children get strength from them.
A true parent would be someone who would make their children very proud of them and the true pride of a parent is to be able to build a happy family.
Every second of their life they make their children feel loved and be worthy of the love of their children. They would never despise their children nor forsaken them because God never forsaken His son, Jesus Christ.
God saved Jesus from pain and gave him eternal life- so as the parents who should love their children unconditionally.
-------After what the presider said, I came to remember how lucky I am to have a very wonderful parents who are always worthy of our honor. Then it made me even appreciate them more when I came to realize that not all people have the parents and grandparents that I have so I should be more thankful. Unending thanks for despite of so many flaws (no family is perfect) I have not only one but 4 best parents in the world. (parents and grandparents) Parents who swallow their pride just to give us the best of what we could have; who worked so hard and never complain of being tired even if they're already old; who would give less to others but never less prioritize us but give us the most. I am just so blessed.
As for the Scripture says:
Deuteronomy 5:16
"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you."
but God is so fair.
"FATHERS DO NOT PROVOKE YOUR CHILDREN, SO THEY WON'T BE DISCOURAGED."
Colossians 3: 21
No comments:
Post a Comment